Angela Cervantes is an award-winning author whose debut book, Gaby, Lost and Found, was named Best Youth Chapter book by the International Latino Book Awards and a Bank Street College of Education’s Best Books of 2014. Angela’s second middle grade novel, Allie, First At Last, was released by Scholastic in Spring 2016 and received a starred-review from Kirkus. Angela's third novel, Me, Frida and the Secret of the Peacock Ring, will be released by Scholastic Press in March 2018. She writes from her home in Kansas City and is presently working on her next middle grade novel.
- Angela with Las Poetas opened for El Vez at the Grand Emporium in Kansas City in 2001.
- Angela's short story, “Pork-Chop Sandwiches” is published in “Chicken Soup for the Latino Soul” in 2005.
- Angela won third place for Creative Nonfiction in the 2007 Missouri Review’s audio competition for her story “House of Women.”
- Angela’s short story “Ten Hail Marys” wins the Kansas City Voices Best of Prose Award (Whispering Prairie Press) for 2007.
- In 2008, Angela was named one of Kansas City Star Magazine’s Emerging Artists
- Angela read an excerpt from Gaby, Lost and Found,on the Unicorn Theatre stage for their “Women who write” exhibit in 2013
- Gaby, Lost and Found is released by Scholastic July 29, 2013
- Allie, First at Last is published by Scholastic March 30, 2016